Aston Martin V8 V585 EFi Volante
- Steering Wheel:LHD
- Mileage:33,500 miles
- Fuel Type:Petrol
- Year:1987 (D)
- Colour:Lichfield Black Metallic
- Interior Trim:Magnolia
- Built for the French market, supplied new via British Motors in Monaco 1987
- Ex Royal ownership Lady Mouna Ayoub
- Full matching Numbered
- Totally example with a number unique touches
- 1 of just 22 European left-hand drive, V585 Volantes built
- Only 33,472 miles from new
Presented in Lichfield Black metallic coachwork with Magnolia Connolly hide, piped Ebony Black and matching Black top roll. Black Wilton carpets, leather hand stitched bindings and Mohair electric soft top with the correct English Wool lining – the hood is brand new and wonderful to see rather than the standard everflex. BBS multi-spoke aluminium road wheels – all wheels have been fully refurbished with a polished outer rim and new tyres fitted including the spare. Wood set veneer in Piano Black including three spoke NARDI steering wheel to match, exquisite. Entertainment system tastefully replaced with the installation of Blaupunkt Bremen headunit with DAB, the look of the 1980’s with modern technology.
Supplied new via British Motors in Monaco and built for the French market with highly desirable European bumpers, KPH speedo and special order mohair soft top. Tailormade for Mademoiselle Mouna Ayoub and delivered new to the Hotel de Paris, Pl. du Casino, 98000 Monaco. Chassis number #5466 stayed in Mademoiselle Ayoub’s ownership in the Principality for the next 11 years where the car covered just 25,000km. In 1997 the AM was acquired by UK based collector Mr David Woolley Esq. who drove the car back to the UK and made all the preparations to get it road registered. It was issued UK registration in August 1997. Fast forward 7 years and a further 19,000km were added, the AM passed into the ownership of its next UK owner Mr. Conal Austin who immediately dispatched highly regarded marque specialists Pugsley & Lewis to go through the car in preparation for a dash across the Channel for Le Mans. Over the next 4 years Mr. Austin added a further 10,000km. In May 2008 the car passed into the ownership of its 4th and last owner where the car traveled a further 6,000km over 13 years bringing the grand total to only 53,867km/33,472mi from new.
Since being acquired by us, significant refurbishment works have been carried out;
- The coachwork has been stripped and repainted to perfection
- The hood has been removed off its frame and new English Wool lining and Black mohair outer, hand cut and stitched
- Mechanically nothing has been overlooked and a full overhaul of the braking system including master cylinders x 2, servos, hoses, callipers removed and rebuilt, damper bushes, filters and plus changed
- The air conditioning system has been full serviced and converted to R134
Being a Series 2 example, it benefits from the highly desirable last of line updated V585 series engine fitted with Weber Electronic Fuel Injection which gives its big brother V580X a run for its money in a straight line. Built from 1986 to 1989, a total of 214 cars built worldwide of which there were only 22 cars built to the specification of #5466 – making this example truly an exciting opportunity.
On file we have;
- Factory build records
- Original Monaco registration
- Invoices from 1997 to the present day
Now available for viewing at the DD Classics Dealership in London, please call 0208 878 3355 for more information.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the above information but errors may occur. Please check with a salesperson.
- Steering WheelLHD
- Mileage33,500 miles
- Fuel TypePetrol
- Year1987 (D)
- ColourLichfield Black Metallic
- Interior TrimMagnolia
- Body TypeConvertible
- Engine and Drivetrain
- Steering WheelLHD